NextEra Energy Maintenance Technician - Mechanic Itinerant in Debary, Florida
Maintenance Technician - Mechanic Itinerant
Date:Aug 8, 2018
Primary Location:Debary, FL, US, 32713
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26907
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position will be located at our Sanford Plant located in Debary, FL. It will require travel throughout Florida to support planned outages.
- Repairs, replaces, troubleshoots, calibrates and maintains power plant Mechanical equipment and systems.
- Utilizes/operates various types of test instruments. Uses hand, power tools/equipment necessary to support a safe and productive work environment.
- Mechanical apprenticeship, vocational certificate, military mechanical maintenance training or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proficient in mechanical skills and abilities relating to: pumps, gears, bearings, valves, lubrication, mechanical seals, pipe/tube fitting and welding, rigging, gaskets, torque, steam traps, gage glasses and precision instruments.
- Candidates will be required to take and pass the MASS Test and also be Hands-On tested to demonstrate knowledge and craft skills.
- Work Schedule: Day Shift, except when supporting outages. Travel required for this position.
- Local Candidate Strongly Preferred Job Overview This is a non-shift classification that works a regular day shift schedule. The primary function of this individual is to perform mechanical maintenance on plant equipment. This classification works under the direction of the Maintenance Foreman. This classification may be required to travel to other locations as workload requires.
Minimum requirements for job:
- Has previously held the classification of mechanic, and/or successfully completed the joint apprentice program for mechanic or equivalent.
- Operates all types of power and machine tools and uses any hand tools and equipment necessary to provide a safe, clean and productive work place.
- Uses precision tools when required.
- May maintain stock and records of plant mechanical materials, supplies, tools and spare parts.
- Performs preventive and minor maintenance to ensure the proper function of plant equipment.
- Performs major maintenance on plant equipment, plant construction, demolition and removal and installation of plant mechanical equipment and structures, and repair and replacement of plant mechanical equipment and structures.
Performs associated responsibilities according to the rules contained in the safe work practices handbook and the Memorandum of Agreement Required Qualifications
Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed
Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Itinerant Job Category: Power Generation Bargaining Unit Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Debary, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Daytona Beach Job Segment:Power Plant, Energy