NextEra Energy Special Itinerant - Electrician in Debary, Florida
Special Itinerant - Electrician
Date:Jul 3, 2018
Primary Location:Debary, FL, US, 32713
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 25841
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Everyday our employees help us deliver safe, affordable, and reliable service to our more than 4.9 million customers. They are helping shape our company and how our customers see us. This position will report to the supervisor and be based at our Sanford Plant located in Debary, FL. Electrician craft experience preferred.
- Performs preventive maintenance to ensure proper functioning of plant equipment:
- Performs testing, overhauls, repair/replacement, and removal/installation of plant electrical equipment, with a focus on circuit breakers and batteries.
- Utilizes/operates various types of test instruments. Uses hand, power, tools/equipment necessary to support a safe and productive work environments.
- Candidates will be required to take and pass the MASS Test and also be Hands-On tested to demonstrate knowledge and craft skills.
- Candidates will also be required to take a pre-placement functional evaluation.
- Work Schedule: Day Shift.
- Travel required for this position within the state of Florida.
- Local Candidate Strongly Preferred.
Relocation and Testing Assistance is not provided. Required Qualifications • Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed • Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Itinerant Job Category: Power Generation Bargaining Unit Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Debary, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Daytona Beach