NextEra Energy Project Bound Nuclear Chemistry Analyst Senior in Florida City, Florida
Project Bound Nuclear Chemistry Analyst Senior
Date:May 15, 2018
Primary Location:Florida City, FL, US, 33035
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24422
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy Inc. and Florida Power and Light are seeking a Project Bound Senior Chemistry Analyst at their Turkey Point Nuclear Plant for approximately 3 years. This dual unit nuclear facility, located just south of Miami, FL. produces 100% carbon-free energy, enough to power the annual usage of more than 900,000 homes. In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this role will also be responsible for creating the Annual NRC effluent and environmental radiological operating reports. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in radiochemistry and familiarity with Offsite Dose Calculation Manual (ODCM). Start your future now and apply today!
Job Overview This job performs chemistry/radiochemistry work requiring application of sound and diversified knowledge of chemistry techniques, procedures, and principles and criteria. Employees in this role apply advanced technical expertise to projects and problems to develop and refine new approaches to Chemistry programs and systems. Individuals use advanced techniques, theory development, concepts and practices to solve complex problems.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures plant chemistry/radiochemistry operations are within prescribed regulatory and operating limits
- Preserves plant system and equipment reliability by performance analysis, projects, procedure development, revision and review, performance improvement, and corrective action
- Monitors water treatment (reactor and auxiliary systems), make-up water, chemical and waste treatment systems and any other plant systems/ components requiring chemistry monitoring and support
- Coordinates and direct the planning, development, and implementation of a variety of chemistry projects
- Conducts the analysis of technical data to monitor plant/system chemistry indicators, identify requirements, problems and solutions
- Prepares studies and plans for projects having direct effect on Operations and Maintenance, capital expenses and plant equipment
- Supports plant and personnel safety, human performance, performance improvement, quality assurance and corrective action programs in day-to-day activities
- Provides technical direction if necessary to less experienced chemistry personnel and functions as project lead
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 8+ years Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's - Sciences
- Master's Degree
- Nuclear Experience: 3+ years
Special Requirements Nuclear Specific Requirements:
- Bachelor's in Chemistry or equivalent education
- Experience in chemistry and radiochemistry in the nuclear industry, additional technical training in chemistry and demonstrated leadership ability may be considered equivalent to the degree requirement
- Chemistry experience: 8+ years of chemistry experience including at least 1+ years of radiochemistry experience
Nuclear Specific Preferences:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemistry
- Nuclear chemistry experience: 3+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Projectbound FT Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Florida City, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Miami Job Segment:Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy