NextEra Energy Marketing Communications Specialist - Gexa Energy in Houston, Texas
Marketing Communications Specialist - Gexa Energy
Date:Aug 4, 2018
Primary Location:Houston, TX, US, 77070
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24023
/NextEra Energy Services is one of the fastest-growing retail energy providers, delivering innovative energy solutions with affordable electricity plans, including 100 percent renewable energy plans to more than 1.1 million residential and business customers throughout North America.
Position Specific Description Smile you found us! As a leader in Residential Marketing, the Principle, Residential Marketing position is responsible for driving customer acquisition. The "best-fit" candidate will be an experienced marketing leader possessing the business skills to design successful digital and offline/integrated programs, campaigns, initiatives and strategies, the interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external resources, the leadership skills to lead cross-functional teams, and the "go-to-market" skills to successfully plan and launch and/or improve and manage current acquisition programs. Must be highly skilled in brand management, lead generation, channel marketing, mass marketing, broadcast buying and management, digital marketing (SEO, PPC, Display Email marketing, direct response and/or direct marketing and ability to lead the strategic planning of test, refine and roll-out methodology. This position will contribute to the overall Gexa business performance by facilitating the attainment of residential customer growth.
The qualifications we are looking for include:
- Budget management experience
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong project planning and management, especially in cross-functional environments
- Strong in time management and planning and execution of concurrent, highly complex campaigns and initiatives.
- Adept in decision making and detailed problem solving
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with extensive experience developing communications and presenting to senior management
- Experience in the retail electricity industry a plus
At NextEra Energy our people are our biggest asset. We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!!
Job Overview This job is responsible for driving customer acquisition. Leaders in this roll work closely with marketing senior leadership, customer service, product/pricing and operations to increase the impact of current residential customer acquisition programs and develop new acquisition programs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and oversees the execution of superior retail electricity integrated customer acquisition marketing strategies, campaigns and tactics
- Manages all residential customer acquisition programs, campaigns and strategies for all marketing channels
- Manages/Directs the design and execution of marketing plans, campaigns and supporting creative materials
- Manages/Directs the design and execution of digital, broadcast and other channel media plans and outbound telemarketing efforts
- Manages/Directs the planning and execution of digital marketing tactics - Search marketing/pay per click (PPC), Display and Search Engine Optimization
- Utilizes marketing analytics resources to assist with segment or audience targeting and program results analysis
- Provides management and oversight of marketing acquisition expense budgets
- Provides input in the monthly and annual forecasting of marketing acquisition growth goals
- Builds partnerships with internal organizations to ensure smooth implementation and optimized experience for customers
- Leads team meetings on a daily basis and interacts with a variety of professional representatives of vendors and agencies on a weekly basis
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:7+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Marketing/Communications Organization: Gexa Energy LP Location: Houston, Texas Other Work Locations: Texas Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-NM1 Nearest Major Market:Houston Job Segment:Energy