NextEra Energy Accounting Manager in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:May 16, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24431
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
- Prepares financial reports that are in compliance with GAAP, in a timely manner, to accurately reflect the financial position of the company.
- Assures financial data integrity through the implementation and maintenance of a strong control environment.
- Provide accounting oversight to NEE Businesses/Departments and ensure proper controls are in place to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Keeps abreast of, and applies GAAP, SEC regulations, and relative company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Actively manages professional staff, and effectively communicates and executes performance management.
- Maintains a positive, self-motivated attitude with a team-based approach to issues.
- Exhibits resourcefulness and ownership, as well as business acumen.
- Process minded focused on continuous improvement.
- Master NEE’s systems to extract data needed for value-added analytics and/or problem resolution.
- Detailed approach to seamless tactical execution built from the strategic vision. Job Overview Employees in this job manage and coordinate a unique accounting function and lead complex accounting projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Prepares financial reports that are in compliance with GAAP and FERC, in a timely manner, to accurately reflect the financial position of the Company • Provides accounting oversight to businesses and departments within the Company and ensures proper controls are in place for accurate financial reporting • Ensures financial data integrity through the implementation and maintenance of a strong control environment • Keeps abreast of, and applies GAAP, SEC regulations, and relevant company policies, practices, and procedures • Manages professional staff, and effectively communicates and executes performance management • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree • Experience: 8+ years • Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
Preferred Qualifications • Certified Public Accountant (CPA) • Master's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-NG1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami