NextEra Energy Associate Environmental Specialist in Juno Beach, Florida
Associate Environmental Specialist
Date:May 7, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23903
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description We strengthen and engage our greatest assets - our employees!
Entry level position. Works under general direction and receives instruction, guidance and direction from others - work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy, meeting objectives and soundness of technical judgment. Occasional out of state travel will be required, primarily to New York State.
- Supports environmental licensing staff in obtaining federal, state and local environmental licenses, permits, and approvals for construction of NextEra Energy Resources and NextEra Energy Transmission facilities across the United States, including renewable energy, energy storage, and transmission facilities. Primary focus on New York State.
- Attends public meetings and project Open Houses.
- Works with external environmental consultants and administrative support of their activities.
- Works with law department to identify and minimize company risk associated with environmental matters and ensures ethics compliance.
- Monitors, analyzes and communicates environmental policies, regulations and events that affect the company and its projects and customers.
- Assist with development of strategy and communicate environmental requirements to management.
- Supports the company's compliance with environmental and safety requirements.
- Provides the necessary support to senior staff to resolve environmental matters.
The job location is at the company’s Juno Beach, FL office.
- Bachelor's Degree Required; Environmental Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- Independent, self-motivated and organized
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft software
- Basic knowledge of environmental laws a plus
- GIS skills a plus
Job Overview Employees in this job support environmental staff in obtaining environmental approvals, licenses and permits for construction and operation of new and existing NextEra, Inc. facilities from Federal, State and Regional agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Supports the company's compliance with environmental requirements • Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as, compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions • Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers • Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:0+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-KR1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami