NextEra Energy Environmental Specialist in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:Sep 14, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24468
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description We strengthen and engage our greatest assets - our employees!
The Environmental GIS Analyst will be responsible for supporting various energy technology projects from early stage development through construction and operations. Under limited supervision, the Environmental GIS Analyst will support development projects by collecting and analyzing data obtained from a variety of private and public databases, authoring original content, GIS application and database development, research, spatial analysis, and map production. The Environmental GIS Analyst will assist with development of tools for outreach activities and internal communications as well as identify and deliver innovative solutions to meet dynamic business needs for the company. In addition to exceptional GIS skills, the successful candidate will be business-minded, and have the aptitude to understand complex and competitive business scenarios quickly. The Environmental GIS Analyst will utilize ArcGIS 10.x software, but may be asked to learn other software tools quickly.
Position Roles & Responsibilities:
- Must have a strong understanding of advanced GIS skills and tools; Preference for those who have experience with 3D-Analyst, Spatial Analyst, geoprocessing, and data conversion.
- Compiles geographic data from a variety of public and private GIS and non-GIS sources.
- Designs and creates special map and digital products as assigned using predefined procedures, knowledge of GIS data and required GIS skills.
- Gathers, analyzes and integrates spatial data and business data, and determines how best the information can be displayed using GIS.
- Collaboration with Environmental Staff to create, develop, and produce products to communicate risks to various stakeholders.
- Position will be heavily involved in the development process, and may will attend weekly project meetings.
- Position will require fast-learning, initiative, problem-solving skills, and must be able to work efficiently and effectively alone or with a team.
- Eager to learn new processes, willing to take challenges, seeks opportunities to improve processes
- Some travel may be required.
Required Qualifications Bachelor's Degree:Required;Experience:3+ years; Preferred Qualifications: * Candidate must be self-directed highly motivated with a strong bias for action. * Able to act and adapt to a fast paced business environment with competing deadlines. * Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams. * Must be detail oriented and able to troubleshoot problems and find solutions independently. Critical thinking and creative ingenuity are essential. * High proficiency in communication, written, oral and cartographic skills – the ability to convey GIS spatial information to non-GIS user.
- A strong understanding and mastery of land survey principles and legal descriptions including metes and bounds and Public Land Survey System (PLSS).
Job Overview This job is responsible for obtaining environmental approvals, licenses and permits for construction and operation of new and existing NextEra, Inc. facilities from Federal, State and Regional agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Supports the company's compliance with environmental requirements • Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as, compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions • Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers • Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:3+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami