NextEra Energy FP&A Solutions Architect in Juno Beach, Florida
FP&A Solutions Architect
Date:Jul 29, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23351
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Overall Preferences:
- CPA, Finance Major or MBA
- 5 – 7 years working and operational experience in FP&A and or CFO organizations
- 5 - 7 years of Finance & Accounting process consulting, including planning & forecasting, finance/controlling, regulatory rate making and reporting, enterprise performance management, and finance transformation
- 5 – 7 years implementation experience as an IT solutions architect with hands-on technical experience
- Technical skills and experience include configuring, modelling, scripting and developing in SAP Business Planning & Consolidations (BPC), SAP Business Warehouse, BPC/BW on HANA, HANA stored procedures, Business Objects (BOBJ), SAP ECC Finance & Controlling (ECC FI/CO), S4HANA
- Worked for or consulted Fortune 500 companies’ CFO organizations
- Candidate needs to have demonstrated creative solutioning, drive to innovate and automate
- Used to agile, fast paced, dynamic project environments
Detailed Functional and Process Experience:
- Financial planning, rolling and continuous forecasting
- Financial consolidation and forecasting in the areas of: cash flow, cash flow automation, balance sheet, income statements, revenue and gross margin, statistical methods, driver based planning, scenario planning, headcount and payroll distribution, cash reserves, variance reporting, enterprise consolidation, elimination entries, intercompany data flows, equity capture, contribution distribution, cash available for distribution, foreign currency translation, multi-company experience (multiple entities and ownership structures)
- YieldCo accounting, cross company revenue sharing, ownership share percentages,
- Establishing master data, creation of planning versions, definition of hierarchies for accounts, cost center, company codes and profit centers
- Various forecasting techniques including what-if scenario planning, predictive analytics, cognitive, machine learning, robotics, blockchain, etc.
- Preparation of ready to file regulatory rate case documents
- Calculates retail separation factors, rate class and functional level cost of service
- Planning ledger forecasting methodologies developed to assist in forecasting at detail FERC/GAAP Accounts
- Translation of business requirements into technical solution and hands-on configuration, data modelling, BPC scripting experience, HANA stored procedures, calculations and report writing
Technical / SAP Skills & Experience:
SAP Business Planning & Consolidations (version 10.1)
- BPC classic and BPC embedded functionality. Includes EPM templates and data manager packages
Model definition and creation, BPC security, script writing, script logic, Fox code and BPC user exits, stored procedures Business Warehouse (version 7.4 and 7.5)
BW security, Advanced DSO (planning enabled DSO), process chains, HANA Studio, HANA backend, creation of transports, HANA studio composite providers, HANA native stored procedures, SQL coding, relationship modeling Business Objects (BI 4.2):EPM add-ons, BOBJ analysis for Excel, Design Studio Dashboards
BW IP, BW BPS, UI Planner:Familiar with these technologies and applications.
Job Overview This position anticipates internal and external business challenges or regulatory issues and recommends process, product or service improvements. Employees in this role solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. The successful candidate is recognized as an expert within the organization and operates with no supervision in a complex environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy
- Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Conducts research on emerging trends and technologies supporting application and infrastructure development efforts
- Recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 8+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-LP1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami