NextEra Energy Senior IT Programmer Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior IT Programmer Analyst
Date:Jun 25, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 25116
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description In this role you will be assisting with IT project development efforts for various business units. The candidate will work in IT team and should have strong Business Intelligence Analysis, programming and Agile methodology experience. Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Experience with cloud migration, specifically AWS • Design, development, manage and troubleshooting of the IoT system. • The candidate must have proven experience working in agile teams employing software engineering principles such as design patterns, versioning software, continuous deployments and automated testing. • Proven experience working with (Java, Python, HTTP, REST, Spring, ORM/Hibernate etc). • Familiarity with Databases - Cassandra, Elastic Search. • Experience of developing in UNIX/Linux Operating System environments. • Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Agile Development, and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. • Facilitate user story writing & use user story mapping techniques to create well defined User Stories. • Ability to create and execute automated test cases.
The ideal candidate will have a technical, data warehousing background, preferably within a power generation industry/discipline. Additional desired skills: • Relevant technical, mathematics, or data science 4 year degree desired. • 8+ years of work experience as a Sr. data analyst/programmer professional.
Job Overview This position develops and integrates new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and existing business processes. Employees in this role provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within a specific discipline.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains and/or enhances existing or new systems, that are reliable and efficient
- Develops customized programming solutions, and maintains existing system functionality
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, and prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Applies appropriate development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools and technology
- Collaborates on an on-going basis with the Business Systems Analyst
- Participates in the ticket management and resolution processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and customer satisfaction
- Leads projects when needed
- Provides direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff
- Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
- Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
- Follows and participates in the defined Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance, and General Computing Controls
- Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
- Meets daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
Experience:5+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Projectbound FT Job Category: Information Technology Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami