NextEra Energy Agile Manager in Jupiter, Florida
Date:Jun 2, 2018
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24167
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile: you’ve found us! Come join our IT Power Delivery applications and innovation team. We are seeking a results-oriented leader capable of driving large-scale technology programs, with a desire to innovate and help transform our business!
IT Business Partnership – You will partner with Business Unit leadership in Strategic Roadmap Development and Delivery, specific to the Outage and Asset Management space. This includes:
- Delivery of a large-scale program that will help define the future of Grid Management at FPL
- Portfolio Development and Management
- Business Liaison
- Service Management
- IT Liaison
You will also focus on transforming and automating our internal processes within the Power Delivery Information Technology organization, so can benefit from experience in the following areas:
- Quality and Continuous Improvement focus, with a Six Sigma background and certification
- Practical experience working with an Agile Delivery mindset
- Ability to apply Dev Ops solutions and emerging technologies to drive cost-efficiencies and deliver business value rapidly
Your future is at your fingertips - click Apply now!
Job Overview This position guides a group of teams in the execution of agile initiatives to deliver customer value. Employees in this role train and coach in the use of Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP, and scale agile framework practices. Leaders in this job manage employees and assume budget responsibilities as assigned.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Trains and coaches leaders, teams, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindset
- Contributes in Communities of Practice (CoP), within the agile network
- Promotes and encourages collaboration and transparency and builds trusting relationships between business, delivery, and other entities within the organization
- Facilitates periodic synchronization meetings across several different onsite and distributed delivery teams
- Prepares program and release backlogs, as well as team and program objectives
- Manages risk and dependencies, communicates and escalates impediments to facilitate transparency, and reduces bottlenecks
- Embraces a continuous improvement mindset, and drives the use of agile engineering best practices and innovation
- Reports on standardized program-level metrics, and understands, tracks, and operates within the program budget
- Plays an instrumental role in the organization’s Agile transformation, acts as a change agent, and shows strong leadership skills with a positive and collaborative attitude
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
- Experience: 8+ years
Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Jupiter, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-AM1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Power Systems, Energy