NextEra Energy IT Business Systems Analyst in Jupiter, Florida
IT Business Systems Analyst
Date:May 9, 2018
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23189
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile: You’ve found us! At NextEra Energy/Florida Power & Light we are taking our customer support function to the next level. We are seeking a strong analytical thinker, able to gather business requirements and translate them into system solutions, while troubleshooting problems and multitasking within an Agile framework. In this key role, you will analyze business process and practices in an effort to focus the design and implementation of information technology solutions that meet customer needs and business initiatives. You will collaborate on an on-going basis with the business and technical project stakeholders and applies proven communications, analytical and problem solving skills to help support the application maintenance processes, and to ensure the project deliverables and support meet specifications.
You will add value by: (1) applying advanced analytical skills within functional areas; (2) providing system support, resolving issues and reporting deficiencies; (3) solving complex problems while taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions; (4) work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
Work Schedule: 8:00 -5:00 with some extended hours and travel to Juno as needed.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- JIRA and Confluence experience
- Experience with end user training
- Demonstrable ITIL experience with 2 years in Incident and Change Management and 1 year in Configuration management
- Ability to reveal vulnerability and developing strategies for minimizing risk for information systems and technology
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with all levels of personnel
- Defines application problem by conferring with clients; evaluating procedures and processes.
- Develops solution by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions.
- Controls solution by establishing specifications; coordinating production with programmers.
- Validates results by testing programs.
- Ability to explain technical details
- Excellent analytical skills
- Provides reference by writing documentation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed. Job Overview This job is responsible for analyzing business processes and practices, in an effort to focus the design and implementation of information technology solutions that meet customer needs and business initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Collaborates, on an on-going basis, with the Programmer/Analysts • Applies advanced analytical skills within functional area • Devises or modifies procedures to solve straight-forward problems • May act as project leader for smaller projects • Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:3+ years Preferred Qualifications • Inventory Systems • Analytical Problem Solving • Effective Written Communications • Effective Verbal Communications • Purchasing • ERP • SAP • Systems Analysis • Strategic Planning
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Jupiter, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-AM1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami