NextEra Energy Senior Java Developer - Innovation in Jupiter, Florida
Senior Java Developer - Innovation
Date:Jul 5, 2018
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24996
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile you've found us! At NextEra Energy Inc., Florida Power and Light our people are our greatest asset and our Power Delivery team is seeking a Java Developer to help take us to the Next Era. In this role you will work in an agile team and collaborate on an on-going basis with other team members.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have a burning passion for innovations and new technologies
- You are a great web developer, built optimal, cost effective and high performing solutions
- You have programmed in Java and/or C#
- You have experience from frameworks like React, AngularJS, Node.js, JQuery or similar
- You have dabbled in mobile application development
- You have experience working with full-stack development
- You have experience working with Micro Services and API
- You have worked on back-end integration with databases such as Oracle, SQL Server or No SQL database like Mongo DB
- You have experience in some of the areas; Mobility, Mapping, Cloud, AR, Web and IoT
- You have a basic knowledge and a great interest for secure development
- You are ready to take yourself to the next level
- You are comfortable with great responsibility and high expectations
- You have worked in Agile teams in the past and collaborated with other team members.
- You have managed and guided junior developers
- You have battled DevOps dragon in the past.
- Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- SQL (Basic as well as advanced)
- Leaflet/GIS Frameworks
- Restful Web Service and micro services development
Familiar with and experienced in the following will be a plus:
- Dev Ops Experience
- AWS/Cloud experience
- Mobile Applications development
- Relational DB (Oracle/SQL Server) and NOSQL DB (MongoDB/Postgres) experience
Job Overview This position develops and integrates new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and existing business processes. Employees in this role provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within a specific discipline.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains and/or enhances existing or new systems, that are reliable and efficient
- Develops customized programming solutions, and maintains existing system functionality
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, and prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Applies appropriate development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools and technology
- Collaborates on an on-going basis with the Business Systems Analyst
- Participates in the ticket management and resolution processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and customer satisfaction
- Leads projects when needed
- Provides direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff
- Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
- Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
- Follows and participates in the defined Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance, and General Computing Controls
- Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
- Meets daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
Experience:5+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Jupiter, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-AM1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Power Systems, Energy