NextEra Energy Principal IT Architect in Miami, Florida
Principal IT Architect
Date:Jul 12, 2018
Primary Location:Miami, FL, US, 33174
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26060
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description At NextEra Energy, our people are our greatest asset. Come join our fast-paced, innovative technology team in expansion. The team is seeking an Architect to collaborate on building the vision, strategy, standards, and implementation plans for various application in our Customer Service divisions. In this role you will add value by: aligning technology architecture to business architecture, gaining organizational commitment, communicating to internal /external stakeholders, and solutions delivery. You will be a key technical leader in defining the go-forward solutions architecture for critical applications, and roadmaps, and ensuring alignment and integration across various business units.
Highly Desired Qualifications Include:
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise class software development for n-tier platforms
- Proven and recognized technical expert in multiple areas including development of strategy for:
- Commercial application delivery, High volume transaction/event processing systems, DBMS (Relational and NoSQL), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Application development with traditional, mobile, and Web technologies – J2EE/Java/Spring Framework
- Commercial RDBMS such as Oracle, MS SQL, DB2, MySQL, and NoSQL MongoDB,
- Current understanding of the electric utility business direction, with an end-to-end view of business and technology, including CRM and Marketing/Communications
- Recognized as a leader (in the role as an individual contributor), to promote and foster continuous IT improvement and Innovation, with strong ability to mentor others
- Hands on experience with development tools and strong knowledge of technology evaluation principles and practices, with a proven ability to develop proof of concepts as required
- Ability to investigate, and report in business terms, emerging technology trends to improve efficiency and cost position
- Experience in enterprise architecture methodology frameworks such as TOGAF or desire to learn and advance a formal enterprise architecture practice Job Overview This position develops and maintains high-level design plans for overall logical and technical IT architecture. Employees in this role provide leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision-making through the project planning level. Employees in this role are top-level experts and visionaries, responsible for the development of strategy and design of an assigned technology or for the network or infrastructure components to support that strategy.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Gains organizational commitment for all high-level architecture plans • Initiates and participates in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans • Produces documented frameworks, architectures and plans how to manage the implementation and integration of a technical environment • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:7+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Miami, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-AM1 Nearest Major Market:Miami