NextEra Energy Principal IVR Developer in Miami, Florida
Principal IVR Developer
Date:Apr 26, 2018
Primary Location:Miami, FL, US, 33174
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23944
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile! You’ve found us! At NextEra Energy, our people are our greatest asset and our IT team is seeking an IVR Developer to join the expanding organization. Please apply if you have the following experience:
- Experience working with Nuance NAS & NTS Tool
- Knowledge of IVR Tuning/Grammar fixes
- Java VXML IVR development skills with Voice XML, Java, Spring MVC, J2EE, SOAP, RESTAPI’s
- Experience with Nuance Speech Recognition grammar development
- Experience with Nuance Vocalizers
- Experience in Java, JSP applications, routing, and city - integration and implementation.
- Experience with Nuance Dialog Modules
- Understanding of collaboration in an Agile environment
In this role you will add value by executing the following responsibilities:
- Application development and support using Cisco CVP/Voice VXML/ASR and TTS
- IVR development, support experience using Voice XML
- Work on enhancements/projects/automation/defect fixes endeavor using Core java + REST/SOAP automation and development
- Communicate with development, support and business units throughout the life cycle of the project
- IVR application development VoiceXML, and JSP
- Perform Java/J2EE technology-specific application design, development, and implementation of the same.
- Create/update GRXML grammar files in their IVR application development and support
- Coordinate with IT support groups for infrastructure
- QA support and production roll out.
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience Portal 7.1
- Orchestration Designer 7
- Natural Language application development Job Overview This position develops and integrates new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and existing business processes. Employees in this role provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within a specific discipline.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains and/or enhances existing or new systems, that are reliable and efficient • Develops customized programming solutions, and maintains existing system functionality • Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, and prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written • Applies appropriate development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools and technology • Collaborates on an on-going basis with the Business Systems Analyst • Participates in the ticket management and resolution processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and customer satisfaction • Leads projects when needed • Provides direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff • Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered • Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems • Follows and participates in the defined Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance, and General Computing Controls • Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed • Meets daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:7+ years Preferred Qualifications • Bachelor's - Sciences • Web Technologies • Information Coding Standards • Programming • Strategic Planning
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Miami, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-AM1 Nearest Major Market:Miami