NextEra Energy Sr. Measurement Technician in Palmetto, Florida
Sr. Measurement Technician
Date:Jun 20, 2018
Primary Location:Palmetto, FL, US, 34221
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 25321
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description This position sits within the Power Generation Division in support of the Net Midstream operations. In addition to the job description below you will also be responsible for the following:
- Programming of Flow Computers.
- Maintaining and inspecting measurement equipment.
- Pulling gas and liquid samples.
- Calibrating and witnessing calibration of custody transfer meters.
- Installing and maintaining electronic measurement equipment on locations.
- Providing testing and sampling schedules.
- Working with SCADA personnel to install hardware.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental practices. Job Overview This job is responsible for the safe and efficient operations of the pipeline and gathering systems on a day to day basis. Employees in this role ensure that regular operational and maintenance activities are carried out on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, including the capture of gas samples, maintenance of gas metering equipment, and launching and retrieving pipeline pigs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Pulls Gas samples at central delivery points (CDPs) • Drives Right-of-ways to observe for pipeline damage/leaks • Performs metering maintenance • Performs general maintenance of equipment • Interacts with landowners and production personnel • Communicates effectively throughout all levels of the organization • Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements • Ability to work extended hours • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Valid Driver's License (NON CDL) • High School Grad / GED • Experience:5+ years Preferred Qualifications • Associate's Degree
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technicians Job Role: NextEra - Technical Organization: NextEra Energy Pipeline Srvcs Location: Palmetto, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-AS1 Nearest Major Market:Sarasota Nearest Secondary Market:Tampa Job Segment:Gas, Gas Technician, Pipeline, Energy