NextEra Energy Production Technician - I & C (S) in Parrish, Florida
Production Technician - I & C (S)
Date:Jul 10, 2018
Primary Location:Parrish, FL, US, 34219
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26048
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Everyday our employees help us deliver safe, affordable, and reliable service to our more than 4.9 million customers. They are helping shape our company and how our customers see us. This position will report to the production manager and be based at our Manatee Plant located in Parrish, FL. Instrumentation & Control craft experience preferred.
Job Overview This is a multifunctional classification that combines the duties of the previous operator "A" and "B". The primary function of this classification is to perform in the role of an operator, the secondary function is to perform, as needed, on shift maintenance to the degree that the individual is capable, qualified and can be performed in a safe manner.
- Has held the classification of, or has the qualifications to hold the classification of Instrument and Control Specialist (Including Digital), Plant Journeyman I and C, Maintenance Technician (I), or equivalent
- Must have previously held, or successfully relieved in the classifications of, Auxiliary equipment Operator, or "B" Operator ,or any higher operations position previously or equivalent experience
- Assures appropriate configuration of assigned plant equipment
- Monitors performance to identify operating characteristics, taking necessary actions to prevent or limit failure and optimize efficiency
- Uses appropriate tooling and equipment necessary to provide and sustain a safe, clean and productive workplace
- Uses appropriate tooling and equipment necessary to prevent or limit failure and optimize efficiency
- Performs preventive maintenance, when necessary, to ensure the proper function of equipment.
- Performs other maintenance tasks as needed
- Executes in-plant clearances orders as required
Performs associated responsibilities according to the rules incorporated in the safe work practices handbook and the memorandum of agreement Required Qualifications
Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed
Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Power Generation Bargaining Unit Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Parrish, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Sarasota Nearest Secondary Market:Tampa