NextEra Energy Sr. Measurement Specialist in Rockledge, Florida
Sr. Measurement Specialist
Date:Jul 30, 2018
Primary Location:Rockledge, FL, US, 32956
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26662
Florida City Gas is part of a national company with local roots in the communities we serve. We serve approximately 108,000 residential and commercial natural gas customers in Florida’s Miami-Dade, Brevard, St. Lucie, and Indian River counties. Join our team today.
Position Specific Description Are you looking to take the next step in your career with a dynamic and fast paced organization? This may be the role you have been searching for. Join our team now as a Gas Measurement Specialist!
Job Overview This job is responsible for safely performing duties related to natural gas measurement and regulation for gas transmission related facilities. Employees in this role install, operate, maintain, calibrate, test and repair gas measurement and regulation equipment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the solution of problems pertaining to gas measurement and regulation
- Installs gauge lines and piping to instruments, meters, and other gas measurement equipment
- Prepares and maintains records and reports
- Makes minor repairs to equipment used in the performance of assigned duties
- Keeps equipment in safe and proper working condition in accordance with established corporate and/or governmental policies
- Performs verification/calibration on differential pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, pressure transmitters, chart recorders, and other measurement related ancillary equipment
- Maintains meter factor and densitometer trend data
- Performs and/or coordinates measurement equipment calibrations on all liquid meters
- Inputs all data on a timely basis to maintain the control chart database
- Travels to sites as required
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 2+ years
Valid Driver’s License (NON CDL) Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technicians Organization: Florida City Gas Location: Rockledge, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Melbourne