NextEra Energy PGD Environmental Specialist in Sayreville, New Jersey
PGD Environmental Specialist
Date:May 7, 2018
Primary Location:Sayreville, NJ, US, 08872
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24083
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Employees in this role are responsible for assuring execution of the PGD Environmental Management System, ensuring site air and water and wastewater are maintained according to what is outlined in the site(s) environmental permits and ensuring plant water chemistry parameters are maintained in accordance with fleet recommendations. Individuals in this position lead internal and external resources to Deliver Certainty, executing plant processes and procedures to achieve short and long term site goals and objectives in safety, environmental, compliance, reliability, availability and cost management. This will be in support of both the Sayreville and Bayswater & Jamaica Bay, NY, requiring traveling to NY on a regular schedule (approximately 2 times per month).
In addition this person will also be responsible for the following:
- Focuses on optimizing site environmental maintenance and performance
- Ensure required sampling activities are conducted and submitted on time as outlined by site environmental permits
- Ensure on time preparation and submittal of required environmental reporting to local/state/federal agencies
- Responsible for performing and/or overseeing routine site environmental self-inspections
- Oversees adherence to site Title V air permit requirements
- Oversees adherence to site SPCC (Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure) and FRP (Facility Response Plan) requirements
- Develop relationship with local, state, and federal agencies
- Applies sound Process and Project Management Skills to deliver results
- Strong bias for action to address any site environmental deficiencies
- Use of quality tools and techniques to solve complex problems
- Standardizes processes, procedures, and techniques to ensure repeatability
- Applies leadership skills for internal employee development and performance management Job Overview Employees in this role are responsible for assuring execution of the PGD Environmental Management System and ensuring plant water chemistry parameters are maintained in accordance with fleet recommendations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains water chemistry Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) program and communicates corrective measures to the site/plant
- Conducts sampling activities as needed by site environmental permitting
- Completes required reporting to local/state/federal agencies
- Conducts routine self-inspections
- Oversees the plant or site safety program as required
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
Experience: 2+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs Location: Sayreville, New Jersey Other Work Locations: New Jersey Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:New Jersey