NextEra Energy Mechanic I in Seabrook, New Hampshire
Date:Jun 29, 2018
Primary Location:Seabrook, NH, US, 03874
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 25721
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description At NextEra Energy we have a passion for taking your career to the next level. Our talented employees are our biggest asset to continued success. If you are interested in joining our nuclear team, look no further. This role will be located at our Seabrook station site in NH.
Seabrook Station is located on 900 acres on the seacoast of southern New Hampshire. The plant is operated in a highly-responsible manner and is dedicated to protecting the environment while meeting the energy needs of New England. Seabrook Station is one of only a few nuclear power plants in this country that is ISO 14001 compliant, recognizing the plant’s leadership and excellence in environmental stewardship.
The listed Job Overview and Job Duties & Responsibilities listed is a general overview of the Mechanic I position, and the Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience is more in line with the specific skills sets one must have to be successful in this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Reactor Head disassembly and reassembly
- Stud Tensioning and Detensioning
- Stud Removal and Installation
- Stud Cleaning
- Remove, install, clean and inspect Reactor Head O-Rings
- Upper Internals removal and installation
- Rigging (Heavy/Light)
- Tool handling and checkouts (Drive Shaft, Thimble Plug, BPRA, RCCA, etc)
- FME Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a nuclear refueling activities.
Required to participate in outages assignment and may involve shiftwork and/or working extended hours outside of normal schedule. Also you may be ask to work extended hours or an altered shift base on the plant needs.
Job Overview This is a non-shift classification that works a regular day shift schedule. The primary function of this individual is to perform mechanical maintenance on plant equipment. This classification works under the direction of the Maintenance Leader.
Minimum requirements for job:
Must have previously held the classification of mechanic, and/or successfully completed the joint apprentice program for mechanic, or equivalent.
1) Operates all types of power and machine tools and uses any hand tools and equipment necessary to provide a safe, clean and productive work place.
2) Uses precision tools when required.
3) May maintain stock and records of plant mechanical materials, supplies, tools and spare parts.
4) Performs preventive and minor maintenance to ensure the proper function of plant equipment.
5) Performs major maintenance on plant equipment, plant construction, demolition and removal and installation of plant mechanical equipment and structures, and repair and replacement of plant mechanical equipment and structures.
6) Performs associated responsibilities according to the rules contained in the safe work practices hand book and the Memorandum of Agreement.
Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed Preferred Qualification
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Craft Skilled/ Journey Level Organization: NextEra Energy Seabrook, LLC Location: Seabrook, New Hampshire Other Work Locations: New Hampshire Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Boston Job Segment:Nuclear, Energy