NextEra Energy Manager Procurement Engineering in West Palm Beach, Florida
Manager Procurement Engineering
Date:May 2, 2018
Primary Location:West Palm Beach, FL, US, 33407
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24056
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Are you looking for a leadership opportunity to join the innovative, challenging and technical side of supply chain in procurement engineering? Here, you will enjoy an exciting teamwork environment with opportunity to deal with emergent needs for the NextEra Energy Enterprise with specific focus on our Integrated Supply Chain Business Plan and our nuclear fleet.
This position will focus on specialized testing (commercial grade dedication) of items for our nuclear fleet. Here you will use your technical experience to identify and document the technical and quality requirements of these items such that they will perform their specific plant functions. A Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and direct experience in the electrical discipline and nuclear plant operations is preferred.
This position is located at the Corporate Procurement Engineering and Dedication (CPED) facility in West Palm Beach, Florida.
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!!
Job Overview Leaders in this role manage and direct Procurement Engineering Groups at multiple Nuclear sites within a matrix organizational structure. This position appraises performance, prepares budgets and promotes a Safety Conscious Work Environment (SCWE). This job plans, develops, coordinates and directs the implementation of large and small projects with complex problems, in support of the company’s nuclear plants.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and provides technical direction to Procurement Engineering Groups at multiple Nuclear sites through a group supervisor at each site
- Ensures that all materials and services are procured in accordance with the design basis for the plant and that they meet all technical and quality requirements
- Understands and is well versed in nuclear standards and regulatory requirements governing procurement and the role of procurement engineering
- Consults with Nuclear Engineering as necessary and appropriate
- Establishes procurement programs and procedures appropriate to a fleet wide standardized procurement engineering program
- Conducts benchmarking to ensure that the Procurement Engineering program and processes are in alignment with industry standards
- Functions as a liaison to Nuclear Engineering for technical (programmatic) matters
- Maintains a working knowledge of the dedication of commercial grade items for use in nuclear safety related applications
- Champions and implements a robust commercial grade dedication program
- Provides leadership in the development of department personnel
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s - Engineering
- Experience: 7+ years
Supervisor/Management Experience: 1+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Purchasing/ Procurement Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: West Palm Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy